Law & Justice
Police still searching for murder suspect
February 15, 2022 at 3:50 p.m.
By CDN Staff
- Englert arrived at 22 North at approximately 8:25 p.m. on Feb. 8. He parked his car in front of the building and was accompanied by an unknown female.
- Englert met Booker in the front of the building to talk. At 8:28 p.m. the unknown woman got out of the car and “physically assaulted Booker, putting her in a headlock and punching her various times.” The woman got back in her car after the assault.
- At 8:34 p.m., Englert, Booker and a woman named Misty Solomon entered the first-floor stairway and smoked Fentanyl. Solomon left the stairwell at 8:42 p.m. and was observed on camera going into the lobby of the building. She told detectives she left because Englert was consoling Booker and she believed the two were going to get intimate.
- Booker left the stairwell at 8:53 p.m. and walked toward the front door of the building. She was seen raising her hands up and down. Investigators report it appeared she was looking in the general direction of Englert's car. She then went back into the stairwell.
- No one else was seen entering the stairwell.
- At 9:18 p.m. Englert was seen on camera walking up from the first-floor stairwell to the second-floor landing and exiting the building into an alley behind 22 North. Investigators noted Englert appeared to keep his hands in his pockets and intentionally used his sleeve to cover his hand and manipulate the door's push bar in an attempt to prevent himself from leaving fingerprints or DNA at the scene.
- Englert was seen walking the length of the alley south toward E. Laurel Street. He walked around the block to get back to his car. He left the scene in his car — a beige Lexus sedan.
- At 9:28 p.m. Benny Rodriguez, a building resident, is seen on camera walking into the first-floor stairwell. He immediately called 911 after discovering Booker's body.
- At approximately 3 a.m. the Lexus driven by Englert was discovered in the 1400 block of Moore Street. The car matched the car seen on video surveillance and was found about 200 feet from the known residence of Englert.