Breaking News

Fire damages mobile home in Deming

Kitchen mishap thought to be cause of blaze
May 13, 2022 at 4:32 p.m.

By CDN Staff

Whatcom County Fire District 14 responded to a mobile home fire around 11:30 a.m. Friday on the 5000 block of Ernestine Lane in Deming. 

A man was cooking in his residence when a grease fire began and spread up into the ceiling and attic, then the roof, District 14 Chief Jerry DeBruin said. 

"He was able to kind of keep it at bay until we got there. He was out there with a garden hose," DeBruin said. 

DeBruin estimates the fire caused at least $20,000 in damages and potentially upwards of $30,000. 

"The whole kitchen was wiped out," DeBruin said. 

Firefighters were on the scene for roughly an hour and a half, and no injuries were reported. 

Have a news tip? Email newstips@cascadiadaily.com or Call/Text 360-922-3092

e-Edition


e-edition

Sign up


for our email newsletters

Weekly Top Stories

Sign up to get our top stories delivered to your inbox every Sunday

Daily Updates & Breaking News Alerts

Sign up to get our daily updates and breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox daily

Latest Stories


HEALTH
NAMI Whatcom hosts 8th annual Stigma Stomp for mental illness
Saturday’s Fun Run and Walk raises over $10K

UNCORKED
Seeing red: Nebbiolo is like sipping autumn from a glass
Wines of the times

FOOTBALL
Lynden holds off Sehome to stay undefeated
'Lean on Lane game' as Heeringa collects two touchdowns, game-sealing interception

FOOTBALL
Nooksack Valley runs through Meridian to remain unbeaten
Pioneers rack up nearly 400 yards of offense in 48-15 win over Trojans

COMMUNITY
Artist turns vandalism into funds for LGBTQ+ youth
10 rocks painted and auctioned in 'ripple of positivity'